Monday, October 11, 2010

Tomatoes and Falafel




The holidays are finally over (TG) and life, as we know it, is back to normal. Of course, 'normal' is subjective, and for us it's a new reality, but at least it feels like we are moving in the right direction now, rather than constantly immerse in family dinners.

I have to say though, as far as our story of 'moving (to/from) home' goes, things are great. Eli wakes up by himself in the morning, all excited and usually leaves for the bus stop 20 minutes before it arrives so he can meet his buddies. Friends pop up at our door (or our kitchen, as the door is usually open for Brooklyn to go in and out) - a new definition to the concept of 'playdate'. Omree had a lovely 5-yr birthday party at the pool which is his favorite spot this summer since he learned to swim.

There are still difficulties, constant criticism (32 kids on one teacher..). hesitation (shall I trust the hair stylist for choosing the right color for my hair?), frustration (I will never find the right hair colorist!) but at the end of the day - for now, we are staying.

Omree came down with a stomach bug the other day, so I picked him up from kindergarten. On our way home we heard on the radio that the price of tomatoes exceeded the price of a falafel sandwich(!) So we stopped at the local nursery and got some tomato plants to grow in our yard. My grandmother was known for her green thumb and I really hope she passed it on to me. Slowly, but surely, we are adapting to the country lifestyle., who would have thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment